Art Curriculum Intent
At Newnham Infant School, in art, the children are given the opportunity to explore their own ideas by being creative, curious and imaginative through a sequence of lessons, following the National Curriculum. Pupils are encouraged to develop and share their ideas as well as evaluate their work. During our Art lessons, we explore observation drawings, colour, tone, texture, techniques, print and design. We also enjoy exploring the work of a range of recognised artists and create independent work which we have displayed around the school.
Art Curriculum Implementation
The skills and knowledge that children will develop are planned across each year group and throughout the school to ensure progression.
Throughout the year we aim to ensure that all pupils:
· have the opportunity to record from observation.
· develop opportunities for imagination and creativity.
· have the opportunity to experiment with new and developing skills and techniques.
· develop the ability to build on learnt techniques
· experience an artist and create a similar piece of art.
· develop vocabulary linked with art and artists.
· has constructive verbal feedback to support further progression and development.