At Newnham Infant and Nursery School we foster positive attitudes to learning by focusing on what children can do, and by providing a secure and engaging environment.
The 'Early Years Foundation Stage' documents are used across our Early Years to help us meet the diverse needs of all our children within this stage. It enables us to provide a curriculum that promotes the Early Learning Goals. Through effective teaching and learning many of our children achieve, and some go beyond, the Early Learning Goals by the end of the Foundation Stage.
- to provide opportunities to learn through first hand experiences
- to encourage self-discipline and independence
- to develop positive attitudes towards school
- to provide opportunities to cover all areas of learning
- to allow children to develop as independent learners and to preserve individuality
- to identify children's abilities and to promote further development
- to encourage confidence in dealing with peers and adults
- to provide open-ended activities and to allow children the time to develop ideas and interests without interruption
- to ensure that the atmosphere and environment encourage children to achieve their full potential and to build on what they can do
- to ensure welfare and safeguarding procedures are rigorous
- to provide equal opportunities for all children and to cater for all special needs
- to encourage a partnership with parents to support and enhance the development of children.
"What to Expect, When?"
The following document is a really helpful guide published by the DfE. It gives parents and carers advice and information about how children develop in the early years, the early years curriculum and ideas on how to support your child.